11/07/2012

Kitchen essential: tools

Stuff you should have in your kitchen if you plan on cooking on a daily basis.

  • veggie peeler
  • pestle and mortar ( get this if you really are going to cook a lot of curries)
  • tongs
  • set of 3 knives
  • kettle
  • baking tray ( I use the one from my oven, but I also have 2 smaller ones for cakes or bread)
  • cooling rack ( can use the rack in your oven)
  • baking dish- 2 sizes medium and large
  • casserole dish (oval)
  • blender, or hand mixer with all the attachements (- mine is a Bosch, I've had it for 8 years, I'm still happy)
  • a big pot with lid
  • a medium pot with lid
  • a small saucepan with lid
  • Frying pans- 3 sizes
  • grill pan ( for those cute grill marks and barbecue like food)
  • grater or a mandolin
  • Set of 3 or more nesting bowls
  • Chopping board
  • scale
  • sieve and collander
  • measuring cup/jug
  • measuring spoon ( but usually a tablespoon and teaspoon will be perfect)
  • wooden spatula
  • wooden spoon
  • set of salad spoons
  • whisk
  • slotted spoon
  • plastic spatula
  • can opener
  • garlic crusher
  • bottle opener and corkscrew :)
  • laddle
  • potato masher
  • rolling pin ( although for a few years I managed with a wine bottle- very smart of me)
  • silpat or any other silicon mat for baking
  • deep fry skimmer ( I don't know what I would do withour it)
  • tin foil
  • cling wrap
  • parchement paper
  • salad spinner ( or you can go outside with the salad wrapped in a clean cloth and swing it aroynd your head for a minute. Works too)
  • toaster
  • oven
  • clean kitchen cloths

No comments:

Post a Comment

Durszlak.pl