9/22/2011

Crunchy Caramelized Nuts

crunchy nuts in carmel figs&rosemary blogspot recipes




While I was writing in agony my thesis, I remembered hearing nuts are great for concentration and the brain in general. I was in desperate need for anything for my brain, and I was also craving sugar. (I sometimes have that). Then I remembered that I want something not only crunchy and sweet but also spicy, to get a kick out of it. So here’s how you make the yummy stuff.

Type of dish: dessert, snack
Cost: cheap
Difficulty:  easy
Time: 10min
Serves: 4
Preparation time: 0min
Cooking Time:5 min
Cooling time: 5 min
What you need to make this dish:
A small saucepan with a thick bottom, a wooden spoon, aluminum foil (or parchment paper)

Ingredients:
  •          ¼ tsp. cayenne powder
  •          Small grained salt
  •          1 cup of any nuts
  •        1 cup of brown sugar


How to prepare:
Turn the heat on the stove to high, place the saucepan on it , pour in the salt, sugar and cayenne powder, and the nuts. Aside the stove, put down the aluminum foil- this will be for cooling the nuts. And stir. Wait until the sugar starts melting, and when it does, act fast. Mix everything so the sugar syrup coats the nuts, then  pour out the nuts on the foil, trying to get them out in clumps, so they cool faster. You can additionally sprinkle some more salt on them now, while they’re still hot. Once they’ve cooled down, put in a bowl and let you taste buds and brain enjoy!


Additional information:
You can store these nuts in an air tight container up to 3 weeks, but remember to keep in a cool place. Also, if you're not a fan of chilli, you can leave it out like we did today and it was still great! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Durszlak.pl